You will assist in the Y’s Care and Teens program of YMCA of Aruba. As a Youth Worker you will build positive relationships with children and young people of all backgrounds in our community. You will be in charge with giving homework guidance to the children and teens, develop and execute indoor and outdoor activities for Y’s Care and Teens program, and help make all necessary preparations with regards to the Y’s Care and Teens and all other programs. You will also help develop and assist with all YMCA programs and camps. You will attend to all your responsibilities in the most effective manner as possible.
What we offer:
• You will have a challenging and varied job. Your normal working hours will be from 12:30pm to 6:00pm.
• You gain experience within an international organization.
• Working at the YMCA gives you the chance to serve the community of Aruba.
• A positive and learning work environment.
• The opportunity to grow as a person and a leader.
1) To build positive relationships with all children, teens and youth with whom YMCA has contact through the various programs available to them.
2) To participate in team meetings led by Y's Care Supervisor and to accept responsibility; to deliver requests and assignments from the Supervisor regarding the Y’s Care and Teens and all other programs.
3) To make necessary preparations for the Y’s Care and Teens Programs (e.g. setting up chairs and tables and preparing snacks) and to ensure that the location is left clean and representable after use. To develop, plan, and execute educative and fun indoor and outdoor activities for the Y’s Care and Teens Program on a continuous basis.
4) To give homework guidance to the children and teens of Y’s Care and Teens by (1) supervising, correcting, and reviewing the student’s assignments, (2) notifying the parents when necessary.
5) To ensure high quality of the YMCA programs, by attending relevant workshops and courses upon request. Also, you need to be flexible if it is requested by the General Secretary to work additional hours or on weekends.
6) To ensure compliance of Health & Safety regulations, by attending to CPR and other relevant workshops and courses upon request.
7) To be willing to share and be a role model of aspects of the Christian faith with the children and youngsters and to exemplify the YMCA Christian values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsability at all times.
Knowledge & skills:
• At minimum, a degree in youth work or similar discipline with some post qualification experience.
• In the absence of a degree, substantial relevant experience will be considered.
• Planning and organizational skills.
• Have a proactive mindset.
Are you the perfect candidate for this job and you meet the requirements?
Please send your application letter and resume to [email protected]